Tuesday 24 August 2010

Planning, planning and more planning

So I managed to finish my science plans for Autumn Term…so only another two left to do! However I spent today, well this afternoon as I went shopping this morning, making my table signs. These are used so that all the children know where they are sitting for Numeracy and Literacy (that’s English and maths to non-teachers!) as well as Topic work.

It took me hours to work out the groups and make the signs but they look awesome now. Each group has a different name. Numeracy groups are named after Egyptian Gods, Literacy are named after Roman Gods, reading groups are name after famous authors and Topic groups are different habitats. I chose these as the three Topics this year are Ancient Egypt, Ancient Rome and Habitats & the Local Environment.

Below is a picture of one of the signs. They are folded so that they stand freely on the table and inside are the names of the children for that group.

SN853130

So tomorrow’s job is to start (and finish) the science plans for the spring term…we shall see how that goes!

However, with this stress my normally calm manner has been stretched to the max. Unfortunately this means that take my stress out on the people closest to me. This is not a good thing. My parents, who I am living with due to massive debts and high cost of living, have been very understanding however the bloke (who shall be known as Mr H) is not taking it so well. It doesn’t help that he has been busy at work either but today he cancelled on me (again! Long story which I won’t get into) and that was the last straw. So I broke it off with him. He seemed very unaffected by what I said so I may have taken it all out on him, which got him more annoyed…it ended with us taking a break and waiting to see what happened after he comes back from holiday. While he is away it gives me more time to think about my future, and see if he can be a part of it, and what I want my future to be like. Thankfully I have the start of school soon so I won’t be able to spend too much time thinking about Mr H.

So I am now off to watch Bones (the best TV programme EVER) and Big Brother! Yes I know what you are going to say…why would an intellectual girl like me watch such bad TV…my excuse…it’s the last one ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment